I am learning as I go with this vegetable garden. I had NO idea how BIG the small grape tomato plants would grow! They have grown way over their cages and most of them are dragging on the ground! The cantaloupe and watermelon plants have overtaken most of the whole garden growing into and up the tomato cages. The cucumber plants have overtaken the whole left side of the garden and are intertwined with the cantaloupe and watermelon plants. I thought that when we dug the garden it was quite large, but now it seems too small! Although we can hardly see the dirt between the plants anymore, they all seem really healthy and are producing some really good veggies! The girls love to visit the garden every day to pick what's ripe! Here is some of what we have been getting so far...
We saw the start of our first watermelon! It's about the size of a quarter right now.
Mattie likes to get creative with her "cooking". She created a little meal for her lunch one day that was mostly veggies from the garden. She added a few other things too and loved it! She's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment