Monday, April 19, 2010

Bubs is ONE!

Okay, so I know this is a bit late, but our little man turned one on the first! I can't believe a whole year has gone by already! We had a fun "Curious George" birthday party! Dylan really likes George and even makes a monkey noise when we watch Curious George sometimes in the morning....pretty cute.
I was so excited to see him dive into his cake and get all messy, but he wouldn't. He wouldn't touch it! So Jess put some into his mouth and you would think we were torturing him. He screamed and squirmed trying to get down instead of enjoying his first taste of birthday cake. I thought he would love it!

The girls wanted to eat their cake on the
porch with Jakie!
Then it was present time and he wouldn't sit and open his presents! He just wanted to do this....
So I opened his presents for a bit until finally he noticed that there were some new toys to play with. Then he helped me for a bit and REALLY liked playing with his new toys!
His little friend Lucas came to his party too. He and Lucas were due on the same day so they are just a couple days apart....thanks to Dylan coming a few days late. Here are Dylan and Lucas playing with Mattie and Papa.
I think his first birthday party was a hit!

Some of the things he is doing now that he is one...........
*He LOVES to dance! Any time any sort of music comes on, he is moving to the beat. It's VERY cute!
*He makes barking noised when he sees dogs or really any kind of animal. I guess it's more of his "animal" noise.
*He pretends to burp....yes burp, thanks to Jess teaching him this fine skill.
*The words he says: uh uh (uh oh), ot (hot), ight (light) Yeah, so much for his first word being mama or dada!
*He copies everything we do. I was snapping my fingers to the music when he was dancing and he tried to snap his fingers with his little chubby pointer and thumb!
*He LOVES to play with balls....Jess got him a mini basketball hoop and he loves it! He stands under it holding the ball and yells for someone to come and help him dunk it!
*He LOVES being outside. When it's time to come inside he screams and throws a bit of a fit. He would stay outside all day if he could!
*He likes to "drive" his toy cars around and makes driving noises. He's such a boy!
*When we have music playing in the house he "praises the Lord". He lifts his little hand and looks up and sings along with the song. SO cute!
*He understands SO much! If I say "Daddy's home" he runs right towards the door to look for him. If I say "Give it to Mommy" he brings me whatever he has, that he shouldn't, and puts it in my hand. If I say "Go get your ball, or Go read your books" he does it! (usually)

I'm sure there is so much more. He's getting so big and so smart! He is still such a love and such a sweet boy. He loves to cuddle and give hugs. I'm so glad he is a part of our family...SO glad we decided to go for #3. I couldn't imagine our life without seeing his sweet little face every day. Love, love love him!

2 comments:

Mockabee Seven said...

Happy birthday,little man!!! Can't wait to hang out with you!

Trina said...

So good to catch up with what's going on in your family! Looks like it was another Peter's Party success! You always had the sweetest celebrations for your kids. I miss you Missy!