Well, I think this was the best 4th of July so far for the girls! Mattie did a GREAT job walking in the parade! It was a long walk and pretty hot, but still a fun experience for her. It was especially fun when she saw people she knew! After the parade we went to Grandma and Papa's for a BBQ topped off with some strawberry shortcake using fresh picked strawberries. We spent some time in the pool and the girls enjoyed picking some raspberries from Papa's raspberry bushes. They both had bowls to put their raspberries in, which ended up empty by the time they got back to the house! Around 9:00 we, along with Grandma & Papa, headed out to see the fireworks! This was Morgan's first official time seeing real fireworks! I wish I could have captured the expression on her face when they first started! Her eyes and mouth were open as wide as they could go! She loved them! Even Mattie looked amazed and she has seen them before. It was a great fun-filled day! Here is a picture of Mattie & I walking in the parade.
This is at the fireworks with Grandma and Papa
2 comments:
How fun...what a blast!!!!
Looks like fun. I can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment