Saturday, July 19, 2008

Morgie the Ballerina

Last week Morgan went to a "God's little Princess" summer ballet camp. It was only 3 days out of the week, but it was absolutely adorable! The first day was a little rough. Morgan wanted me to stay, so I did for a while, but with me there she would not participate in ANYTHING. Then another little girl wanted to stay with me and hold my hand and not participate, just like Morgan. I needed to get out of there! So I handed a crying Morgan to one of the teachers praying that she would calm down and really enjoy herself. I stayed in the hallway for about 10 minutes then asked a teacher to peek in at her. She was fine, happy and participating in the class. Yeah! I left then came back for pick up and she was very happy. She was playing and talking to one of the teachers like she had been going there for a year. She then wanted to show me all of the rooms and the craft she did, then quickly walked happily out the door! I had a flower cookie waiting for her in the car for doing such a good job. I told her that if she did good the next two times that she will have a surprise waiting for her every time. Wed. came around, we got there and she gave me a hug and said "By Mom". She did GREAT and LOVED it! On Friday, the last day, they did a little performance for the parents. She was ADORABLE! She wasn't shy and did the whole thing! She thought one of the foot exercises was silly so she just laughed through that one, but she did everything else! She also made sure that the other girls were in line where they were supposed to be. (She can be a little bossy!) She really wants to do it in the fall. She was sad on Friday that she wasn't going to be going back. I am definitely going to look into their fall program! Here are some pictures of the performance.

No comments: