Monday, January 12, 2009

Black out

So, I'm back tracking a little. It's been a while since I have had some time to blog!

A couple weeks ago we had some really bad winds around here. I saw on the news that some people were out of power in some areas close by. After school Mattie Morgan and I went to Bobbi's house for dinner when I got a call from Jess who said that our power was out. Not good to have no heat in the winter time in Rochester! So we decided to stay a little longer at Bobbi's to see if the power may come back on. We waited and waited until it was well past bedtime and still no power. I heard that some areas weren't getting power until 6pm the next day! Jess called again and said that the house was only down to 63 degrees and to come home and go to bed. If the power doesn't come on during the night we could go back to Bobbi's or my mother's house in the morning.

When we got home we walked in to the smell of a wood burning fire. Jess had made a fire in the fireplace and had all the candles lit. The girls were SO excited! They ran right to the fire and sat in front of it for a while and giggled and talked. When we finally made them go to bed (thank goodness it wasn't a school night!) they had to brush their teeth and go potty by candle light. They both had their own flash lights to use and we put candles in the bathroom as a night light so their rooms wouldn't be totally dark. They loved it! It felt like we were camping out or something!
Thankfully the power did come back on around 10:40 that night. Thankfully for Jess. He was having to empty the pump in the basement so it wouldn't cause a flood. He was filling buckets of water from the basement and bringing it upstairs to empty outside. What a pain! He was happy to have the power back on again. Gosh, what would we do if we lived in a time with no electricity! I couldn't imagine!

No comments: