For those of you who don't know, two weeks ago the Dr. said that she thought that Dylan may be breech. Last week I had a sonogram to see if he was breech and thank God he isn't! He is head down and face down. Everything checked out great except for the amount of amniotic fluid. They said it was very low. So, they told me to try to drink more and sent me to get a non-stress test to see if the baby was under stress. The non-stress test came out great! His heart rate never went above or below the normal level. It rose when he moved (which is good) and he even did great when I had a contraction during the test. Everyone was happy with the results.
So, that brings me to today.... I had another Dr. appointment with another sonogram this morning. The sonogram was to check the fluid levels to see if they were higher, and they were! Dr. said that it is good when the levels are over a 6 and mine were over 8! She said to keep drinking a lot. She did check me to see if I have dilated any more and I have not. I am still only 1cm, but the baby's head did come down more and I am now 50% effaced compared to 20% from last week. She said she wouldn't be surprised if we had a baby in our arms next week! Perfect timing for Grammie's visit too! My Dr. is on call on Thurs. so I'm hoping for next Thurs. (not that I can plan that or anything) Grammie will be here by then too!
I am SOOOOOO physically ready to NOT be pregnant anymore! I have TONS of pressure just from standing up. I have been having sharp pains in my lower stomach from the pressure of his head on my pelvic bone. I am really not sleeping at all so I am extremely tired. My hips hurt when I sleep (even with two pillows between my knees). My ankles are swollen and my feet hurt. I get short of breath a lot and feel light headed. I know I'm complaining a lot, but I'm just REALLY ready to be done! I guess that is normal at this stage. I just don't remember feeling this uncomfortable at the end of my other pregnancies. The end is in sight! Hopefully next week!! Yeah!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sorry I am so bad about keeping up with reading your blog but I have been thinking of you a lot the last few days. Today is Thursday so I hope you are in the hospital! Can't wait to hear something soon!
Post a Comment