Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mattie's last year of single digits!

Our Mattie is in her last year of single digits! She turned 9 years old last week! Wow, where has the time gone! She has grown into such a beautiful, caring, smart, kind-hearted, and sweet girl! She is such a wonderful daughter and blessing to our whole family.

Last weekend was her birthday party. We had it at a local hotel at their
pool! She was SO excited and counted down the days for a month! The hotel birthday package included a party room, the pool of course and two connecting rooms with two queen beds in each room! We decided to stay overnight with just the girls and asked my sister Bobbi to stay in the connecting room with her husband and Jakie. It would have been too much to take the baby so he had his first sleepover at Grandma and Papa's house! Boy did the kids have a BLAST!!!

The party was so much fun! I decided to do the pizza, cake and presents first before they got into the pool because I didn't think I would be able to get them out once they got in. The whole time the kids kept asking, "Is it time to swim yet? Can we get into the pool yet? " So, we sped through lunch, cake and presents so the kids could have as much time swimming as possible!
They swam until the last possible minute! What a fun party for Mattie!
Morgan had fun swimming with all of her sister's friends too!
After the party we cleaned up and went to our hotel room to rest for a while. Mattie was SO tired! The hotel had all the good tv channels that we don't have at home. It was a treat to be able to watch some of Mattie's favorite tv shows on the disney channel! Jake was there for the party but was a bit overwhelmed by all the kids he didn't know. After the party he totally came out of his shell and had so much fun with his cousins!
By the end of the day Mattie was totally shot!
The next morning came early.....6:30am! Check out wasn't until 11:00 so after our yummy continental breakfast the kids went back in the pool! Jake joined them this time and had a blast!


What a fun party weekend for everyone! Happy Birthday my sweet Mattie!!!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!! What a blast!!! Great blog too Miss.......thanks so much..made me feel like I was there!! I loved ALL the pic's but the sweetest was when Mattie had finally had enough and hit the wall...she looked so content!!!Actually, I loved the pic too of the girls all holding the birthday girl up in the pool!! and the rest!!) Ya know me..no favorites..just bring on the pic's and party!!! Lv and missing you!!! MOM

Jen Atkinson said...

What a great idea! I didn't even realize you could have a party at any of the local hotels...which one did you have it at?

All the kids looked so happy...especially Mattie!

Awww...I still remember working with Bobbi at the ophthalmologists office and hearing about Mattie's birth. TIme just flies. She is such a sweet girl!

Missy said...

Jen,
We had it at the Best Western in Victor. They had a BLAST!

Trina said...

Oh, that is a fabulous idea for a party!I don't know what we would do without our pool for our kids parties!