Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winter break wasn't much of a break....

I was really looking forward to the girls winter break this last week. I was prepared. I had a bunch of fun things planned. I wasn't going to be stuck in the house with all three kids home all week long....we were going to have fun! Well, my plans quickly changed when Morgan came down with a fever on Saturday which lasted until Tues. So I canceled our plans for Monday and Tuesday but thought we would be ok on Wednesday because Morgan was feeling so much better. Tuesday morning Morgan woke up fever free and feeling great! The bad news was that Mattie woke up that same morning with the fever :( So once again plans were canceled with hopes of doing something fun maybe Thursday or Friday?? On Wednesday morning, Mattie woke up fever free! She was feeling a bit better so I decided to get out of the house. Our BIG outing for the whole week was on Wednesday when we went to the library then the Dollar store. Mattie looked pretty rough after being out so we called it a night. Thursday morning Mattie woke up with a fever of 103.3! Poor thing felt so sick. At first we thought she had strep throat because she would wake up in the middle of the night crying because her throat hurt SO bad! Jess ended up going to the store at midnight one night to get a bunch of different throat medicines to try to give her some relief. I took her to the Dr. and thankfully no strep. How frustrating for the girls (and me) to have to stay home the whole week of their winter break with very little sleep and feeling so sick :( No fun!

Although it was a rough week, we did try to make the best of it. We made valentine cards, played house, played office, baked, played the Wii, board games etc..... One day the girls were playing in the basement and Morgan found a potato bug....you know, the kind that curl up into a little ball. Well, since Jess and I won't let them have a pet, not even a fish, they make any little thing they find into their pet. They played for hours with this little bug! Being the motherly girls that they are, they had to
make the bug a house to live in and give it some food to eat. Mattie really got into arranging a little house for it and making it look really cozy. She's so cute!

Here is it's little home :) You can kind of see the bug under the leaf.
I am thankful that after being around sick girls all of last week, the baby didn't get sick at all! Jess and I were able to stay healthy too. I am also very thankful that last week is over and that our family is healthy again! The girls are back to school and we are back to our normal routine. Feels good :)


1 comment:

Mockabee Seven said...

That's hilarious! We tell teh boys they can't have pets because then we wouldn't be able to travel anywhere.... so when people ask Carter if he has a dog, he says, "No, we like to go see Kuper and Kade instead". :-)