Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bubba Boy is 10 Months Old!

Our little guys is 10 months old, or should I say was 10 months old on Feb.1st. I always seem to be a few days late of the exact day. Seriously, where has the time gone? He is getting so big and seems to be doing something new every few days lately!
To start out his 10th month, his 3rd tooth FINALLY poked through. We have seen it right under his gums for a couple weeks now and finally it decided to break through
. I'm so glad it did too. It was irritating him and I could tell he was in pain at times. He would always dig his little pointer finger in his ears. This is a sign of teething b/c the nerve endings from the teeth go to the ears. He wasn't eating like he usually did either. Sometimes he wouldn't even suck on his paci. Poor little guy:( I'm happy to say that he is back to eating like he used to and sucking his paci again. Yeah! He puts everything in his mouth, especially when he's teething. This is what he found to teeth on the other day....
Yup, that would be the knob on one of my kitchen drawers.

Every morning when the girls go to school we go to the door and wave in the window as they drive away. He has seen me wave so many times that as soon as we go towards the door, he starts to wave. So cute!
I have been trying to teach him how to do the sign for "all done" when he is done eating. Well, he figured that one out this week. He was watching my hand d
o it, then he slowly watched his hand and did the same motion. I'm not totally sure he knows what it means, but he copies me when I do it. Oh, and boy does he make a MESS when he eats now!
When he does something good I always clap for him and he has learned to copy that too! He will do it even when I'm not doing it now. I just say "clap clap" and he does it with a huge smile of course!
He is REALLY getting around. He pulls himself up and walks along everything. He has started to climb the stairs. We had to finally get a big gate to block the steps to the front door. It's a bigger space than a normal door opening and we had the coffee table blocking it before, but we wanted to get something more sturdy than that. He is strong enough to push it and I don't want to take the chance of him pushing it down the stairs and him going with it!
He is getting into everything! We are going to have to invest in some baby proof locks for the cabinets soon. It's just a matter of time before he decides to empty out our pantry! He has unplugged the tv, emptied book shelves, banged on the china cabinet, tried to pull the table cloth off the kitchen table and the list goes on.... He LOVES the vacuum. No, he's not afraid of it, he chases it as I vacuum. I remember the girls being so afraid of it! He is all boy and I love it!
He is still the happiest baby I know. He always has a smile on his face, even when he's not feeling well. He is a cuddle bug, which I love! He is such a blessing and brings so much joy to our family! I think we'll keep him!

1 comment:

Mockabee Seven said...

Live this little guy. I can't believe I haven't even met him yet. :-(