Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School!

Summer has come to a quick end and it's back to school! Mattie is an official 2nd grader! How did that happen so fast? It seems like just yesterday she was just a toddler running around and talking with her little lisp when she said the letter s. I remember sitting her on my lap and reading book after book after book. I remember when she was two her finally having enough hair to put up in a little spikey poney tail on the top of her head. I remember her first day of preschool when she was 3 and crying in the Wegmans parking lot b/c I just left my daughter in someone elses care and I wasn't even in the same building! Wow, has time gone by fast. She is 7 1/2 years old and is a beautiful independent young girl. She walks herself into school now and we have to remind her to give us a hug good by! We are so very blessed that she is a part of our lives and don't know what our lives would be without her. She is a true gift from God.

Here she is on her first day of 2nd grade. She wanted to wear her Minnie Mouse shirt from Disney Land when we were visiting Grammie and Opa. She also had her disney bracelett on. She sports a High School Musical back pack this year as well as High School Musical sneakers. So far she is loving school and is very happy to be back and to see all her friends again. Here she is on her first day!


Today was actually Morgan's first day of Preschool at Mattie's school. Last week we went to the open house and she was NOT happy! It's funny b/c the whole way there she was saying that she wanted me to leave when we got there, but as soon as we did get there, her mind changed completely. She wouldn't look at anyone, talk to anyone, play with any of the toys. She kept asking to leave and said that she will never play with these kids or with these toys. The only positive thing that came out of it was that she did like her teacher. Well, after the open house we went to lunch and happened to see one of the other little girls in her class at the restaurant. She was pretty happy about that. She then said that when she is at school she would play with her ONLY. Over the weekend I kept telling her that Monday was her first day and she seemed excited. I asked her if she would go and play nicely and have fun with her new friends and she said that she would. Something must have changed in her mind. I think the fact that we saw one of her friends at the restaurant helped a lot. So this morning came and I'm not really sure what to expect. She was excited the whole way there... a good sign! We got there and she sat down in her chair and started playing with play dough and then told me to leave! She kept wispering to me "Mom, you can go now". I asked her if I could stay for just a few minutes to get some pictures. I quickly took some pics and was told to leave again! She was ready and very happy! Praise the Lord! You just never know with her. Here are a few pics from her first day today!

2 comments:

Mockabee Seven said...

Precious.

Care said...

Oh my...this brought me down memory lane! Time flies and she has matured sooo nicely!