Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We Officially Moved!

It's been a while since the last post so I need to catch up a little. On Sept. 13th we made the move. It was a little crazy, but what move isn't, right? We filled the moving truck and had to make 4 van loads on top of that! We got rid of so many things and Jess had been bringing over boxes every day so I thought we would be able to fit everything, but I guess not! We have settled into our house as much as we can while still working on it. Right now we have no kitchen or dining room yet. Jess and his worker have been working very hard every day to try to get things done. We are basically living out of our living room and mud room. Our kitchen table and fridge are in our living room as well as our living room furniture and tv. Our mud room is set up with a toaster, microwave, skillet and a couple shelves for pantry stuff. As hard as it sounds, it's really not as bad as I thought it would be. We have a little system. The hardest part is probably not being able to cook. Not cooking is nice for a while, of course, but I'm really getting burnt out on restaurant food and subs. I actually WANT to cook! Jess says it will be about 3 weeks until the kitchen will be finished. The end product will be so nice! I just keep thinking about that!
The girls are doing great here! They love their rooms. I let them pick out their own paint colors for their rooms so they are JUST what they wanted. Mattie picked a very bright pink color called vivacious pink. Yeah, it's REALLY bright! Morgan picked purple. Almost the disney purple. They are both very happy with their rooms. We still have to hang curtains, shelves, pictures and of course their nets over their beds. When we are done doing the finishing touches, I will post some pictures.
The girls also love their yard. Our back yard is pretty big and backs up to woods. Morgan has been driving her little Escalade all over the back yard. We also have a small swing set that they love. To top it off, Jess told Mattie that he would get her a tire swing at our new house and last week he did. They both LOVE it! Also, many times when we wake up in the morning, we have several deer visiting our back yard. A few days ago we saw a 3-point buck! That was pretty exciting!
Anyway, hopefully next time I post about the house I will have some pictures to post!

No comments: