So, we have a lot going on in the next few days! It's busy, but so much fun!
The girls are having a sleep over at Grandma and Papa's house tonight which they have been waiting to do for months! Needless to say they are EXTREMELY excited! Tomorrow morning they will be going to a farm about 30 minutes away which has tons of farm animals, big outdoor play set, mini horses to pet and a milking barn to tour. We are hoping for good weather although it calls for rain in the am. If the farm is out they will be going to a movie! Sunday Mattie is going out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate her cousin's birthday! Also, her first field trip of the year is this Tues. which is also the day Grammie and Opa arrive!
Tomorrow I get to relax for a couple hours and enjoy a manicure/pedicure that my hubby gave me as a bday gift! (It also came with a facial or massage that I have to schedule for another day!) Thank you Jess!
Dylan cut another tooth! I guess that explains why he was up FIVE times last night AND the night before!!! Caffeine has no longer become a want... it's a NEED! I'm actually drinking an afternoon cup right now. Someday we will get a full night's sleep, hopefully sooner than later. He is sitting up now and is not crawling yet, but can spin around on his belly to get the toys he wants. He tries to crawl, but can't get his knees under him yet. He likes to read books and he actually turns the pages as you read to him. He is such a little love!
This past Wed. Mattie got her first cavity filled. As the dentist was filling it she found another one in one of her permanent teeth, so she got her first two cavities filled. Can I just say that she is the patient that every dentist wants! She did GREAT! She didn't complain once, didn't feel an ounce of pain and was such a good sport the whole time! Honestly I'm really thankful it was her with the cavity and not Morgan. It would have been a different story with Morgan. Actually the dentist said she remembers Morgan's last cleaning. She seems to leave a lasting impression at every dentist/doctor visit. I won't even start on her Dr. appt. when she needed a physical and 4 shots! That will be a day that the whole doctor's office will remember forever. Anyway, I told Mattie she could stay home from school that day and we had so much fun together. It's pretty rare that I have alone time with my Mattie these days. After the dentist we came home and she made a fall wreath for her door which turned out beautiful. We went on a walk with Dylan and collected some things to put in her wreath. She's just such a good girl and really a blessing from God. I have to cherish every moment alone with her (and the others too). She has grown up so fast!
We are excitedly getting ready for Grammie and Opa's visit! They arrive on Tues. and are staying for a week! I'm picking up the air mattress today and setting up their "room" this weekend! Grammie was here for Dylan's birth but has not seen him since and Opa hasn't even met him yet! They are just going to love that little guy! The girls are excited to climb in bed with them and wake them up every morning.....not sure how excited they are about that with a three hour time change. Grammie has lots of plans for the girls.....manicures, local farm, out to dinner etc.... It's going to be a blast!
Sorry this post has no pictures. Blog posts are no fun without pictures! I haven't really had time to take many pics lately, but have really wanted to. Fall is here in upstate NY and the leaves are just about at their peak! It is just beautiful! Hope to post some pics with the next post.
Until then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seriously, it's NOT FAIR! I want to be there too! :-)
Missy,
Your kids are so adorable. I know what you mean about not getting a lot of alone time with your oldest. I am glad you wrote about that because I think I need to be intentional about that in the coming weeks, with the baby coming soon and all.
Post a Comment