A few nights ago I had a conversation with Jess about how I really want to start calling this baby by a name. He has been somewhat difficult about thinking of a name and agreeing on one. There were two names he liked out of a book of 75,000 names that he was looking at. One was Hunter and the other was Dylan. I really like them both, but like Dylan a little bit better. He kept saying that he needed more time to decide and that it's a big decision and it's too much pressure to make a decision right now (even though he has had almost 6 months!) So, he said that if he doesn't come up with another better name by Thanksgiving, the name can be Dylan.
Well, Thanksgiving came and still no commitment to a name. On the way to Thanksgiving he said he liked the name Ethan, which I had brought up earlier and he totally shot down. Now I'm really frustrated! That night after we got home we were talking after the kids were in bed. He said "I think the baby's name should be Dylan". Did he really just say that? I said "What about Ethan?" He said he was just joking about Ethan. My gosh! So, our little guy's name is officially Dylan!
As far as a middle name, I really like Michael. Michael was Jess' dad's middle name and this will be the first grandson to carry on the Peters name. I think it would be special to have part of Papa Steve's name as part of our son's name. Of course Jess has not decided for sure about the middle name, but at least we have a first name right?
Speaking of Dylan, he has been more active lately. Mattie actually got to feel him kick for the first time on Thanksgiving day! He seems to be most active right when I wake up in the morning and before bed time.
I am getting bigger by the day it seems! Yesterday Mattie said "Wow Mom, you're really getting bigger!" I need to go shopping for some more maternity clothes! I am feeling great and enjoying being pregnant right now. I am no longer throwing up and I am not huge yet. This is the fun time in pregnancy. It's hard to believe that there is only a little over three more months to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to meet Dylan!!
Dylan it is! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment